Workforce Financial Assistance (FANTIC) is available for this class. For more information and to see if you qualify, please visit http://www.nvcc.edu/workforce/students/wcg/.
Are there prerequisites:
- You must be 18 years of age and complete the PREQUALIFICATION ASSESSMENT
Salary range students expected to earn:
- $32,900 per year Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where are past program graduates employed:
- At multiple outpatient facilities and physicians' offices across the Northern Virginia Region.
What is included in tuition:
- All books, materials, BLS for Healthcare Certification and National exam fee.
What is not included in tuition:
- If you plan to do the optional externship, then students are responsible for drug screening, background check and immunizations.
Program description and Certification info:
- The Medical Assistant curriculum prepares students to become valuable members of the healthcare professional team, of prime importance in helping physicians respond successfully to a rapidly changing environment. As assistants in the clinical setting, students will learn to perform duties such as vital signs, exam room preparation, patient data collection, simple dressing changes, lab tests, phlebotomy, medication administration and EKGs.
Clinical externship description:
- There is an optional 160 hour clinical at a local medical practice that commences upon successful completion of the course and all drug screening, criminal background and immunizations are complete. All students who want to participate will need to have following items completed 3 weeks prior to the class ending. If the submission is not complete then you will not be placed: MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, TB Skin Test, Tdap, clean 10-panel drug screen, clean criminal background check and a resume. For vaccines that are in a series, you need to have them started, you may not be able to complete them before your class ends.
Class Dates are as follows:
- 01W Mon, Wed & Fri January 22 - March 14 9:00am-3:00pm WO
- 02W Mon, Wed & Fri January 22 - April 11 4:00pm-8:00pm WO
Prerequisite: All students must be 18 years of age. In order to register for CCMA, you will need to first complete a prequalification assessment. Please register for the Healthcare Prequalifying Assessment and a counselor will reach out within two business days to discuss your enrollment.