New to software testing? Get an excellent, extensive introduction and start on the path towards an exciting, highly in-demand career in the software industry. You will learn about the importance of the Software Development Life Cycle, the basic principles underlying software testing and how testing fits into software development. Explore the root cause of a defect and its effect. Prerequisites:
This course is designed for individuals who have some basic computer experience. Related experience might include familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and using the Internet browsers.
Software Testing Manual I Course Outline
Fundamentals of Software Testing
Testing Throughout Software Development
- Software context—Why does software fail?
- Principles, scope, and focus of testing
- Debugging vs. testing
- Understanding risk
- Identifying and analyzing project and product risks
- Goals of testing
- Basic testing process
- Test psychology—viewpoints on testing
- Testing and development
- Early testing
- Models and testing
- The “V” model
- Verification and validation
- Test levels—unit, integration, system, acceptance
- Understanding regression testing
- Understanding test types
You must attend 90% of all scheduled class hours, in addition to completing any other requirements set by the instructor, in order to pass the class and be awarded CEUs and a Certificate of Completion.
- Reviews, inspections, walkthroughs, etc.
- General review process
- Common types of reviews
- Roles and responsibilities in reviews
- Success factors for reviews
- Limits of reviews