This Healthcare Orientation is required for the following NOVA Workforce healthcare programs and must be completed prior
to registering for your class.
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Nurse Aide Preparation (CNA)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Massage Therapy
Follow these steps to complete your orientation and register for your healthcare class:
- Determine your eligibility (see Allied Healthcare Information below for more details). You must
- be 18 years or older or have program director approval.
- have 2 forms of identification.
- have a high school diploma, GED, or college degree. Foreign diplomas need to have an official translation.
- Read the Allied Healthcare Program Information: Eligibility, Expectations, and FAQs (PDF)
- Register for this orientation class (add to cart and check out) - it's free!
- Upload your high school diploma or equivalent in the CANVAS Healthcare Orientation. Log on to myNOVA and select CANVAS. You will see this course listed in the Courses section and on your Dashboard. Note that it may take up to 24 hours after registration for the course to be available in CANVAS. How to access myNOVA
- Register for your healthcare class. After you have submitted your documents, you will be contacted by a staff member with instructions on how to register and pay for your class. Several funding sources are available to assist you with the cost of tuition. Complete this short survey to see if you qualify for funding.