American Culture & Language Institute (ESL) >> ESL Information
« back to courses page
- Complete a MyWorkforce profile online. Click on "Login" on the top left and "Create New Profile." An email address is required. If you don't have an email address, please contact any ACLI office.
- Take the ACLI ESL placement test. The test consists of a writing sample and an oral interview. Tests are given by appointment only. To make an appointment for the test online, click on "Courses" on the left menu, look for "American Culture & Language Institute" and click on "ESL Placement Test" to see all available testing dates. You can also call an ACLI office to make an appointment. Bring a photo ID to the ACLI office when you come for testing.
- Register for classes after you have completed the test. You will receive your ACLI placement level and ESL course information. Please keep the test results for reference. Test results can be used at all ACLI locations.
Register for any class at your level. Talk to an ACLI staff member if you have questions about the best class for you.
ESL Registration Information
Register early because classes fill quickly!
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrollment depends upon space availability, so register early to avoid being disappointed. Payment is due at the time of registration.
Registration through the MyWorkforce online registration system is the fastest and most convenient way to register for classes. Register and pay with your VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit card or e-check online.
How to Register through MyWorkforce
- Find Classes:
- Click on "All Classes" on the left menu, select the location, look for "American Culture & Language Institute" and click on your level to see all available classes.
- Add classes to your “Shopping Cart” and “Checkout":
- To select a class for registration, click “Add to Cart”. You must read and agree to the "ESL Prerequisites" for the class you have selected.
- Once you’ve selected your classes, click “Checkout”.
- To “Checkout”, you must read and agree to the refund policy, and follow the directions to complete your registration with your credit card or e-check. ACLI staff will verify your registration and you will receive a confirmation email before classes begin.
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
Click 'Show All' below to see a complete list of classes.