This is a FastForward Program:
Instructional Mode: Learn On-Campus and Off-Campus: In Person
FastForward programs are short-term training courses for industry credentials in high-demand jobs. Eligible Virginia residents may pay only one-third (1/3) of the full tuition cost. To qualify, you must meet the Virginia domicile requirements. Virginia "domicile" means you have lived in Virginia and intended to stay here indefinitely for at least one year before the date of application. A domicile determination form will be part of your registration process. Additional financial assistance is available to offset some or all of the FastForward tuition costs. Complete this short survey to see if you qualify for financial assistance. Learn more about FastForward
Virginia Ready Initiative
: This course may qualify you for a one-time Virginia Ready Credential Achievement Award of $1,000. Learn more and apply to become a Virginia Ready (VA Ready) Scholar today!
- Complete the pre-registration process with Ancora Corporate Training before registering for the program.
- Have a valid, unrestricted driver's license. Note: the license does not necessarily have to be issued by the State of Virginia, but certain conditions may apply in order to register.
- Have a Commercial Learner's Permit prior to registering for the program. Students should contact their local DMV office or website for more information on how to obtain their Commercial Leaner's Permit.
- Pass the Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug Test and Physical before the start of the program.
- The minimum age to register is 18, but those under 21 will be restricted to Intrastate driving only (cannot cross state lines).
The Commercial Driver's License Class A (CDL-A) Tractor-Trailer Training program provides you with training to inspect and operate tractor-trailers to prepare for the CDL-A skills exam. The curriculum also teaches you how to assume driver responsibilities on the road and at pick-up/delivery points. Emphasis is placed on vehicle inspections, defensive driving, range maneuvers, motor carrier safety regulations (DOT 380 -397 and a certificate for entry-level drivers), trip planning, cargo handling, size/weight laws, general maintenance procedures, and accident prevention.
This training is offered in partnership with Ancora Corporation Training
and is tailored to meet DOT Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) regulations requirements. You will participate in classroom, range, and on-the-road training.
The weekday program runs Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, for four weeks.
The weekend program runs Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, for eight consecutive weekends.
- Additional days/instructional hours may be required due to DMV scheduling patterns and/or students' readiness to sit for the exam.
- Driving to and from the training range provides behind-the-wheel driving practice and observation opportunities to students.
What is Expected:
You are expected to attend 100% of all scheduled class hours and complete any other requirements set by the program. Upon successful completion of this program, you will be eligible to test at a DMV testing facility. Once you have passed the skills test, you will be issued the CDL-A from the same state that issued the Commercial Learner's Permit. Successful program completers will be invited to interview with regional employers.
Included with tuition:
Tuition includes the course, DOT drug test and physical, textbook, classroom materials, and CDL-A skills exam. Ancora Corporation Training will schedule and provide the vehicle for the skills exam.
This program cannot be combined with any other discounts/promotions.