This Healthcare Orientation class is required for the following NOVA Workforce healthcare programs:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Nurse Aide Preparation (CNA)
- Medication Aide (RMA)
- Massage Therapy
- Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
Follow these steps to complete your orientation and register for your healthcare course:
Step 1: Determine your eligibility.
Step 2: Register for this orientation class
- be 18 years or older or have program director approval.
- have 2 forms of identification.
- have a high school diploma, GED, or college degree. Foreign diplomas need to have an official translation.
(add to cart and check out
) - it's free!
Step 3: Complete all orientation tasks for the healthcare course you want to take.
Log on to myNOVA
and select CANVAS. You will see the Healthcare Orientation listed in the Courses section and on your CANVAS Dashboard. Note that it may take up to 24 hours after registration for the class to be available in CANVAS. How to access myNOVA
Step 4: Register for your healthcare course.
After you have completed the orientation and submitted all required documents, you will be contacted by a staff member with instructions on how to register and pay for your class. Several funding sources
are available to assist you with the cost of tuition. Complete this short survey
to see if you qualify for funding.