Workforce Financial Assistance (FANTIC) is available for this class. For more information and to see if you qualify, please visit http://www.nvcc.edu/workforce/students/wcg/.
Are there prerequisites:
- You must be 18 years of age and complete the PREQUALIFICATION ASSESSMENT
Salary range students expected to earn:
- $27,700 per year Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where are past program graduates employed:
- At multiple nursing homes and home health agencies across the Northern Virginia Region.
What is included in tuition:
- All books, stethoscope, gait belt, BLS for Healthcare Certification and National exam fee.
What is not included in tuition:
- Scrubs, immunizations, watch with a second hand, criminal background check & drug screening
Program description and Certification info:
- Our comprehensive 120-hour program prepares you to provide direct care and services to clients in the acute care, outpatient care, or long-term care settings. The course consists of 80 hours classroom and skills lab instruction and 40 hours of direct patient care in a skilled nursing facility. Upon successful completion, you will be eligible to sit for the Virginia Nurse Aide Competency Test and obtain your CNA License.
- There are 40 Hours of a clinical rotation at a local skilled nursing facility. Hours are typically 6 am – 2 pm or 7 am – 3 pm, depends on the facility. All students must provide their own transportation and 100% attendance is mandatory.
Choose from the following dates:
- 01H M, Tu, Th January 23 - March 8 (Lecture) 5:00PM-9:00PM and March 9 - 15 (Clinical) 6:45AM-3:15PM MEC
- 01L M, W, Fr January 29 - March 5 (Lecture) 9:00AM-3:00PM and February 20 - 26 (Clinical) 7:00AM-3:00PM LO
Prerequisite: All students must be 18 years of age. In order to register for CNA, you will need to first complete a prequalification assessment. Please register for the Healthcare Prequalifying Assessment and a counselor will reach out within two business days to discuss your enrollment.